There is so much going on in the Hampshire area over the two week Easter half term so I thought I’d put together a quick guide to whats on and when. Enjoy the Easter hunts and hopefully the rainy forecast for the whole of this weekend is just a myth!
- Easter Trail at Lepe Country Park | 30 March – 15 April | £2 per child
Pick up a trail card from the park office, find all the clues along the trail. Once completed, return your card and if all the answers are correct then you will receive an Easter treat!
Also at Lepe over the holidays are weekly bushcraft sessions suitable for children from 6-13 years. Prices for this are £5.50 per child and booking is essential.
- Hoppy Easter at Paulton’s Park | 30 March – 15 April | Season ticket holders – free. Or part of standard park entrance – £29.25 if booked in advance.
The Hoppy Easter event is on every day of the holidays. Let your little ones meet new characters – Bobtail Bunny, Betty Bunny, Hennie the Hedgehog and Red the Deer but keep your eyes peeled for the mischievous Fenton Fox! There are also additional activities where children can make a daffodil windmill, a pop up bunny, a rabbit magnet or an Easter card [A small donation will be required to take part in the workshop with all proceeds going to Marie Curie].
- Meet the Easter Bunny at Marwell Zoo | 30 March – 15 April | Season ticket holders – free . Or part of standard ticket price – £16/£20.
Take part in Marwell’s giant egg trail and Meet and Greet the easter bunny to collect your free chocolate egg from 30 March – 2 April. For those who find the giant egg and count all the animals in the giant egg trail will be in with a chance to win four tickets to a special sunset safari. This easter is also the perfect time to visit the brand new Tropical House which is the zoo’s biggest ever exhibit with a two level rainforest – absolutely spectacular. I’ve heard the sloth is super cute!
- Easter Trail at Itchen Valley Country Park | 30 March – 15 April | £2 per child
There are heaps of activities happening at the fantastic Itchen Valley Country Park this half term. The Easter Egg trail will see you walking through the woods trying to solve the easter clues to win a chocolatey prize! If you’re crafty then there are also spring willow wreath workshops, an RSPB bird afternoon with the chance to make a wooden bird and bird feeder. Friday 6th April will see a mobile farm visit for a one off petting experience with alpacas, donkeys, ducks and other furry friends. There are two hour sessions of Forest School running on various days throughout the holidays and also some special woodland stories.
- Whose egg is it? trail at Royal Victoria Country Park | 30 March
Pick up a trail card and set off finding clues around the park. Once completed, return your card and if all the answers are correct then there will be an Easter treat waiting. As well as clue finding, there are plenty of other Easter themed activities including Egg Crafts, Egg Rolling and find the Easter bunny.
- Little Adventurers go WILD at Queen Elizabeth Country Park | 6 April | £6 per child
Book your mini Bear Grylls onto a two hour adventure in the woods where they will go den building, bug hunting and even a bit of marshmallow toasting! This activity lasts for 2 hours and is suitable for children aged 2.5-8 years.
- Easter Egg Roll at Queen Elizabeth Country Park | 2 April | £1.50 per egg
Visit the annual buster easter egg roll on 2 April where you will decorate your own egg and climb up to Buster to see how far your egg will roll!
- For something abit different, why not visit The Race Centre in Chandlers Ford, with their half price circuit access every weekday morning at 10am in the Easter holidays. You can enjoy F1 technology at less than karting prices.
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt at Winchester City Mill | 30 March – 2 April | £2 per child
Cadburys are running Easter Egg hunts around the UK and one of these is at Winchester City Mill. It is £2 for the egg hunt and if you want to go and take a look around the oldest working watermill in the country then that costs an extra £4 per adult or £2 for children aged 5 and over.
- Cadburys Easter Egg Hunt at Mottisfont | 30 March – 15 April | £2 per child, usual entrance price applies.
Take part in the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt throughout the Easter holidays and then when that’s finished, why not let your little ones roam free and become a ‘mini ranger’ for the day and explore the beautoful countryside and land that Mottisfont National Trust has to offer.
Of course, if you’re just after places to go and visit non-Easter themed then check out an older post I wrote about ‘places to visit in and around Hampshire‘